Comments about Texe Marrs' statement about River Phoenix in Codex Magica
I used to like Texe Marrs and thought most of his research and materiel about the Illuminati was very good, but after reading one of his books --Codex Magica. I'm not sure about him anymore.
I was very discouraged to read on page 77 of Codex Magica this statement about River Phoenix and the Children of God, aka The Family, aka The Family International which I believe comes from a sensationalist tabloid whose goal is only monetary gain and not the proclamation of Truth!
This issue of the intriguing publication, Paranoia magazine, included a feature article examining
the tragic life of popular young actor River Phoenix, who died of a drug overdose on Halloween in
1993. The article's writer, Al Hidell, told of Phoenix's upbringing in the sordid sex cult known as
the Children of God, also called "The Family." The cult practiced incest, holy prostitution, and
other wickedness. River Phoenix, who was celebrated for his roles in such movies as Stand By Me
and Running On Empty, evidently could not escape his past. Why he is shown in the photo giving
the sign of Masonry is not mentioned in the magazine, but some authorities say that Children of
God leader David Berg had high-level political and Masonic Lodge connections.
I don't think that Texe Marrs has ever visited a Family International Home or even met a Family International member. We are a very small organization (10,000 members) compared to most other Christian organizations, and only a part of our membership lives in the USA. The only reason why Mr. Marrs has heard of us is due to the noteriety the media has given us. He has obviously been misinformed by the very antichrist mass media he himself exposes in his books and on his web site. If you think otherwise, please consider the following points.
- David Berg proclaimed Jesus Christ as his God, "the Way, the Truth, and the Life" (John 14:6) and Satan (aka Lucifer) as the enemy of God and man. He preached salvation comes only through a knowledge of Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- David Berg and his wife Maria supported John Todd and John Todd's expose of the Illuminati. The transcript you find on my other web site, John Todd, the Illuminati and Witchcraft was typed up by a Children of God / Family member. It was first posted on the Internet by a Family member - yours truly.
- David Berg was never a Freemason. In his hundreds of letters, not once does he talk about personal involvement with the Masons. He certainly never refered to them in a favorable light. After reading David Berg's writings over the past 35 years, I do not believe that he would have tolerated even a day in a Masonic lodge. David Berg would have considered Masonic teachings absolute rubbish.
- In none of the photos I have seen of David Berg has he used secret Masonic hand signals.
- David Berg hated Satan, his demons, and witchcraft. He spanked his own granddaughter, Merry Berg, for her involvement in witchcraft to try to drive the Devil out of her!
- David Berg was very unhappy with many American ways and policies to the point that he considered the USA to be the spiritual Babylon of Revelation chapters 17 and 18.
- The Children of God received a lot of persecution from the authorities in the USA, but nevertheless David Berg consistently warned his flock not to resist officers of the law but to always cooperate with them and be thankful for them according to the Scriptural admonishment of Romans 13. He told his former hippy following never to refer to policemen as "pigs" -- hippy slang that was in vogue during the '70s.
- Neither the Children of God nor the Family / Family International has ever been convicted of a crime in a court of law in any country in the world.
- David Berg went personally to Washington DC to expose a Miami school textbook on biology called "Blue Book" for its teachings about Darwinism and Evolution. It was considered an illegal text book and as a result of a meeting with a government official, it was pulled from the curriculum.
- In the very early days of the Children of God, David Berg confessed he was deceived by Scofields's doctrine of the Jews as God's chosen people and the state of Israel as the "Holy Land". One trip to Israel convinced him otherwise and he started to expose the Zionists and anti-Christs in his writings. This of course is one of the main reasons why the media, though favorable to the Children of God in the very beginning, turned against them and began to publish negative articles which resulted in heavy persecution.
- River Phoenix was only 7 years old when his parents left the Children of God in 1977. This was before the days of accusations of so called "child abuse".
- To imply that River Phoenix's short 7 year upbringing in the Children of God had something to do with his death is totally unfair in my opinion. River Phoenix is said to have died of a drug overdose and drugs have always been forbidden from the beginning in the Children of God and the Family International. Even smoking is forbidden and excessive coffee drinking highly discouraged. If Phoenix was negatively influenced, I would think that bad influence more likely to come from his peers and associates in an anti-Christ Hollywood society.
- Mr. Marrs neglects to observe that River Phoenix played a homosexual roll in "My Private Idaho". Neither the King James Version of the holy Word of God in the Bible, nor the Family International, condone sodomy.
- The very title of the magazine "Paranoia" indicates it's a tabloid. Looking at some of the other rubbish on its website such as UFOs and "Gnostic liberation front" convinces me it's a tabloid.
What are my qualifications for making these statements? Forty years of being an active member of the Family from the Children of God days and personally knowing those who have lived with David Berg. He was a frugal man and did not live in luxury.
I now consider Texe Marrs a disinformation agent. He is a buddy of Alex Jones who is a well known disinformation agent! Interestingly though they are friends, Alex Jones never attacks the Jews or Israel while Marrs does so constantly! And neither of these guys ever talk about the Jesuit / Vatican connection to the Illuminat or the conspiracy for one world government! If you want to learn more about the Jesuit connection, please check out the articles on my jamesjpn.net site.
Webmaster of Deep Truths