You may not have heard of the theological term, "Dispensationalism," or even if you have, you may not know how to define it. But even so, if you are a Bible believer and a follower of Jesus Christ, the chances are high that your views of the Endtime have been tainted by Dispensational doctrines.
Dispensationalism is a method of Bible interpretation that was devised by John Nelson Darby (1800-1882), and later formulated by Cyrus I. Scofield (1843-1921), and is also known as Pre-millennial Dispensationalism. Although Darby was not the first person to suggest such a theory, he was, however, the first to develop it as a system of Bible interpretation and is, therefore, regarded as the Father of Dispensationalism.
Dispensationalism was promoted through the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible, which was published in 1909. Scofield’s Bible contributed to the spread of Dispensationalism because it included study notes written from a distinctively dispensationalist perspective.
The founding of Dallas Theological Seminary in 1924 by Lewis Sperry Chafer provided an academic institution for the training of pastors and missionaries in the dispensationalist tradition. The influence of the prestigious Dallas Theological Seminary together with the Scofield Reference Bible is the reason why American evangelicals were corrupted with the false doctrines of Dispensationalism!
The origin of Dispensational theory can be traced to three Jesuit priests.
(1) Francisco Ribera (1537-1591). He's the guy that cooked up the doctrine of Futurism, namely that there is a gap of unknown time between the 69th and 70th Week of Daniel, and the 70th Week of Daniel is the final 7 years of the Endtime when the Antichrist makes a covenant or treaty with Israel, rebuilds their temple, breaks the covenant halfway into the 7 years, and persecutes everybody who doesn't obey and follow him.
(2) Cardinal Robert Bellarmine (1542-1621) one of the best-known Jesuit apologists, who promoted similar theories to Ribera in his published work between 1581 and 1593 entitled Polemic Lectures Concerning the Disputed Points of the Christian Belief Against the Heretics of This Time. The "heretics" are Protestants, Baptists, and all Bible believers and followers of Jesus Christ who are not members of the Roman Catholic Church! Bellarmine was arguing against all basic Bible doctrines such as salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone.
(3) Manuel Lacunza (1731–1801). The writings of Ribera and Bellarmine, which contain the precedence upon which the theory of Dispensationalism is founded, were originally written to counteract the Protestant reformers' interpretation of the Book of the Revelation which, according to the reformers, exposed the Pope as Antichrist and the Roman Catholic Church as the whore of Babylon.
All so called "Christian-Zionists" are Dispensationalists. Famous Dispensationalists include Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, James Dobson, John Hagee, and Paula White. Just think what an influence these people have had on Christianity in America! Is it a good influence based on pure Bible doctrine? John Hagee tells us:
"As Christians, we are commanded by God to support Israel. We believe in the promise of Genesis 12:3 regarding the Jewish people and the nation of Israel. We believe Christians should bless and comfort Israel and the Jewish people. Believers have a Bible mandate to combat anti-Semitism and to speak out in defense of Israel and the chosen people." - John Hagee
Hagee's statement is based on Dispensationalism. The Bible tells me:2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
The words, "God speed" in the King James Bible is a synonym for blessing someone. The Word of God tells us not to bless those who do not abide in the doctrine of Christ. If we do, we are partakers of their evil deeds. Does the modern state of Israel abide in the doctrine of Christ? Absolutely not. And yet, John Hagee is telling us to bless the ones who do not abide in the doctrine of Christ. Not only do they not abide in the doctrine of Christ, they curse Jesus Christ and reject Him!
Ask yourself, is God blessing America today? The liberals, atheists, and leftists are blaming America's extreme weather, the current heat wave, destruction of houses by tornados, fires, and floods on "Climate Change." I believe it's much more to do with God's judgments on America for her sins. One of those sins is America's support for Israel due to dispensational theology.
Dispensationalists accuse Christians who do not support the modern state of Israel of holding the doctrine of "Replacement Theology." This is a misnomer. The Church has not replaced Israel, the Church is the continuation of Israel!
Please submit any suggestions you may have in the comment section. Thank you!
My name is James Arendt. I was raised in the Hegewisch neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, served in the USAF from 1970 to 1974, and became a full-time missionary for Christ living 40 years in Japan, 3.5 years in Russia, and a few months in other countries such as Finland, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, South Korea, Taiwan and mainland China where I also served the King of Kings, Jesus, as an Ambassador for His Kingdom. My full bio.
If you like this article and my work on this website, you can show your appreciation by sending me a gift. Both my wife Tess and I are now unemployed and now live in the Philippines.
On July 31, our pastor drove us 70 kilometers south from our home in the city of Allen to Caybayog City (Samar, Philippines) where there's an immigration office. There I successfully applied for and received a 6-month visa extension! But the cost was higher than expected, 12,450 Philippine pesos, roughly $235 USD. Thankfully, I received one gift so far that covered half of that. If any of the visitors to this website who are not regular contributors to my work would like to help us cover the other half, it would be greatly appreciated. I will immediately send you an email to thank you.
You don't need a PayPay account to send me a donation! Just click on the donate button and you will see an option to send through your credit card.
PayPal QR Code
My PayPal ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Recognize you have violated in some way the laws of God. Violation of legal law is called a crime. Violation of God’s moral law is called a sin. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; - Romans 3:23
As it is written (in the Bible), There is none righteous, no, not one: - Romans 3:10
• Recognize the penalty of sin: Death! For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 6:23
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: - Romans 5:12
• Recognize Jesus is the Saviour! Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. - John 14:6
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. - Acts 4:12
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. - Acts 16:31
• Recognize our lives our sinful by nature. We can do nothing of our own to merit eternal life. Salvation is completely by the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ! For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: - Ephesians 2:8
But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. - Isaiah 64:6
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; - Titus 3:5
• Recognize Christ paid the sin debt we owe! But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. - Romans 5:8-9
• Recognize you must receive Christ as your personal Saviour! For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. - Romans 10:13
• Ask Jesus to be your Saviour!Dear Jesus:
I know I am a sinner. I know if I were to die right now, I could not go to Heaven. I ask you, right now, to come into my heart, forgive me of my sin, and be my Saviour. Thank you for saving me and giving me eternal life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer with all sincerity, you have passed from death to life and have been born again into the family of God!
Read my bio